Friday, October 7, 2011

Pumpkin Cupcakes

Now that it is Fall I have been craving some pumpkin anything. I have always HATED pumpkin pie, but since I have been getting older I've begun to like pumpkin flavor. Every Fall I get a little bit more courageous and try something new that is made with pumpkin puree or pumpkin pie mix.

I came across this awesome pumpkin cookie recipe last year and fell in love. I made them 3 or 4 times during the fall. I thought I would make them today. I dug out the recipe and checked to see if I had all the ingredients. I didn't :( I had no brown sugar. I don't know how that's possible but I didn't have any.

I searched online and found a pumpkin cupcake recipe that had the same frosting (icing) as the cookies I made last year (my favorite part). Again that recipe called for brown sugar. Bummer

I decided to just take out the can of pumpkin puree (which ended up being pumpkin pie mix not puree) and make something up on my own. I did NOT want pumpkin pie (still not a huge fan). As I was looking at the can I saw yummy cupcakes on the label. I pulled off the label and looked at the ingredients to see if I had everything. Again NO. One ingredient listed was cake flour. I actually did not have any of the either. I did have a box of yellow cake mix. Why not use that.

The recipe said to make a streusel topping for the cupcakes. I decided not to. Which is surprising, I love streusel topping. Who doesn't! But I was still craving that icing from the other two recipes.

After the cupcakes came out of the oven I tried one and decided not to even make the icing. They were so good, and I didn't have all the ingredients for that either. I think someone needs to go shopping!

They are SO YUMMY!

No comments:

Post a Comment