Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Dada's Birthday

My baking fun started when I got married. For a shower gift I received a 'heavenly chocolate cake' cookbook. I wasn't so thrilled about this gift. I never cooked/baked before. YES I know!! That's absurd. Not only had I not spent much time in the kitchen but I don't like chocolate so why would I want this book. Then I thought about the reason why I was getting presents. I was getting married... and guess what, soon to be Hubs LOVES chocolate. The book has come in very useful, every year since we have been married I have made him one of those cakes.

Here is one of them. It is a chocolate cake with chocolate frosting. The middle of the cake has cut up mini marshmallows and mini chocolate chips just like the outside. I had made this cake a previous year but it also had peanuts. I don't like peanuts and just Hubs and I were going to be eating this so I didn't put them on this one. I remade this cake because I knew he liked it and I knew it was easy. (I was working full time and taking care of almost 1 year old twins...I thought Hubs wouldn't mind if it was some what of a repeat.)



No comments:

Post a Comment