Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Initial 1st Birthday

When my babes turned 1 I had the hardest time thinking of a party theme. I wanted to do something that was THEM and easy. I knew working full time, taking care of them, and doing all the party stuff I wanted to do that I couldn't go too crazy.

I came up with an initial themed party. Seeing as I call them M & G when I am talking or writing about them I thought it would be perfect.

These cakes were the smash cakes for their actual birthday. I am a big fan of babes eating healthy. I nursed until they were 15 months. I didn't start baby food until they were 5/6 months and didn't start giving them whole milk until after 12 months. Honestly I think it's just the fact that I don't want them to grow up, but I pretend it's because I want to give them only healthy food. All of their cookies, pancakes, goldfish are/were made with wholewheat flour and completely home made. I never took any pictures of their cookies or treats and realized that I really should! Anyway to get back on track, since I didn't want them to have any sugar I made an applesauce cake with a sugar free icing.




They seemed to love it but it didn't smash quite the way I wanted it to.

No comments:

Post a Comment